Bharat Mining is committed to the principles of sustainable development and conducts its activities within a sustainable development framework to ensure the well being of its employees & also expanding its business globally. We believe in the following mantras to make us a global leader in the near future. The following mantras guide us in making our policies & chalking out our future expansion and development plans:
- Environment Protection
- Transparent, open & communicative organization
- Full compliance of ethical & legal code of conduct
- Contribution to wider societal needs
- Capability to meet clients expectation in terms of quality & costs
- Adaptation to latest technological advancements in the field of mining
- These principles underpin how we manage our activities, particularly in the areas of safety, health and the environment and in relationships with our communities – both internal and external.
HEALTH & SAFETY
At Bharat Mining safety and health policy are given utmost priorities. We aim to achieve the required safety culture by encouraging the right behaviors and implementing quality processes. We believe that the management’s prime concern is to create a working environment that is conducive to safe performance together with an acceptance that ‘accountability’ for Safety and Health rests with every individual. We strives to develop a culture that supports its ‘safety and health’ value by encouraging behaviors and implementing processes that ensure the safety and health of all employees, contractors, customers and the communities associated with our operations.
We have a group of safety advisors and on site medical helpers to help in the Safety and Health related activities. We also conduct periodic check ups & medical assistances to our employees. Compliance with all the existing laws of the land and ensuring utmost care in terms of health & safety is another way of ensuring that we look after our employees well. We have in mind the following beliefs always:
- Safety & Health before any business activity
- Accidents / Injuries can be prevented on and off the job
- Every individual is accountable for his / her safety / health
- Every individual must identify, assess & manage hazards
- Every individual would be trained & equipped to ensure a incident free working environment
- Abiding by all legal legislations relating to health & safety standards
Our objective is to make mineral discoveries which we can profitably and responsibly develop into producing mines. We undertake explorations, which includes more extensive surface sampling and geophysical analyses, and drilling programs to seek a resource and estimate its size and ore-grade. This process also includes evaluating the security of potential mining developments and our ability to do business successfully and responsibly.
We have a number of personnel whose job is to look after the safety, health and environment. We are fully aware of our environmental responsibilities as we always face environmental management challenges due to the speed at which our exploration projects and activities change and the diverse social, political, and physical environments in which they occur. Our Environment Policy therefore is based on:
- Implementing standard environmental management procedures.
- Gathering, understanding, managing, and maintaining information about legal and other environment-related obligations.
- Pre-existing conditions Identifying and evaluating environmental and legal implications from previous disturbance of ground where we wish to explore.
- Coordination with other business processes Integrating environmental planning, permit, and reclamation issues into other business processes including risk management, logistics, community affairs, and managing mineral properties.
The other challenges include balancing environmental, safety, and geological considerations in locating and constructing drill sites; managing erosion control; supervising contractors; accommodating heritage and archaeological considerations; managing reclamation costs by minimizing disturbance; and ensuring adequate re-contouring and revegetation. Challenges include human presence in remote areas proper camp design, including latrine and kitchen facilities.
Our need to continue developing environmental plans and management systems to meet these challenges led us to create a responsible global player in the world of mining.
Being an integral part of the community, we recognize and act on our responsibilities. We work with communities to develop and nurture positive relationships built on mutual understanding and respect. Building these long-term partnerships in essential for our business success.
- Value & Respect for Human Rights
- Open & transparent manner
- Respect Cultural Diversity
- Protect Cultural Heritage
- Operate within the framework of the legal & social obligations
- Give some thing back in return to the society
To achieve this we follow the following mantras:
As we invest in exploration, development, production and closure we involve consultation with local communities, government authorities and other organizations. We also :
- Encourage and support community development
- Encourage and support initiatives to enhance social benefits such as environment, health and education .
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for employment, training and business relationships directly and through our contractors and suppliers.
Send us a Mail